Position Title: Electronics Procurement Specialist
Reports to: Director of Procurement
Status: Full-time, salary
Position Location: Irvine, CA
Rand Technology ( http://www.randtech.com/ ) is a 25-year-old independent electronics component distributor and supply chain solutions provider based in Irvine, California, with offices in seven countries around the world. The company’s products are sold business to business by Rand’s global sales team. Rand has a reputation for sourcing and distributing high quality, authentic components and adheres to an ISO 9000 compliant quality management system. Rand operates an R2 certified electronic remarketing facility giving the global sales team access to high quality components and products from quality OEMs. We are proud to play a part in life cycle management and reduction of e-waste worldwide.
Strategic Sourcing and procurement of electronic commodities and products, including:
- Requirement (req) sourcing, purchase order placement/management, order expediting, and discrepancy resolution
- Within 90 days, become adept at reviewing and sourcing from 30 to 100 reqs every day
- Identification and qualification of potential suppliers
- Relationship development and management of new and existing suppliers
- Electronic commodity market analysis/research, cost/price negotiation, and logistics
- Other duties, as required.
Direct working experience in the procurement of electronic components
- Experience sourcing memory/SSD commodities a significant plus
- Experience sourcing short and long term requirements in a fast paced changing environment
- A minimum of 5 years purchasing work experience required, supply chain experience within the electronic components industry
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office and ability to quickly learn company’s proprietary order/inventory management system.
Factors for Success
- Ask questions whenever there is a need for more information
- Set daily goals for transaction processing
- Conduct business at a fast-pace; respond quickly to sales team requirements
- Stay organized and prioritize activities to address urgent requirements within a short time-frame.
Position Title: Account Executive
Reports to: VP of Sales
Status: Full-Time, Salary + Commission
Position Location: Regional
For 25 years Rand Technology has been a leading global distributor of quality IT products, components and supply chain solutions. We value a high-energy, creative work environment and are serious about our commitment to our employees, our clients, the environment, and providing the highest quality products and services. Rand also operates an R2 certified electronic remarketing facility giving the global sales team access to high quality components and products from quality OEMs. We are proud to play a part in life cycle management and reduction of e-waste worldwide.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The primary role of an Account Executive is to bring together suppliers and clients with critical needs related to supply shortages and excess inventories and collaborate with them to solve those problems. The VP of Sales will provide direction which defines target products and targeted companies in specific industry segments.
- Aggressively prospect for, develop and service client/supplier relationships and business opportunities
- Consistently make 50+ calls each day
- Acquire new and refurbished IT equipment and components across multiple business sectors
- Become proficient with Biznet, Rand’s proprietary database used to house customer and supplier accounts, existing and incoming inventory data, and to generate Sales Orders and Purchase Orders
- Efficiently work with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, to analyze large inventory lists with the purpose of valuing and formatting to promote the sale
- Understand and follow Rand protocols for committing company resources and executing transactions
Skills for Success
- Highly motivated to deliver clients with the best service experience each and every time
- Aptitude to connect with clients, build and nurture relationships and close sales over the phone
- Self-motivated with an exceptional work ethic
- Passionate about technology and staying on top of marketplace trends and events
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel; Highly internet savvy
Ideal Candidate Possess
- At least 2 years of prior experience in a fast-paced sales/telemarketing environment
- Accustomed to extremely fast sales cycles and very high number of transaction outputs
- At least 2 years of prior experience in the computer and business technology-related parts and products industry
- Highly driven, passionate for sales and extremely motivated by financial success
Position Title: Sales Manager – Inside Sales – Electronic Components
Reports to: VP of Sales
Status: Full-Time, Salary + Commission
Position Location: Irvine CA
WHO WE ARE
For over 25 years, Rand Technology has been a leading independent global distributor of superior quality electronic components, IT products and supply chain solutions. We pride ourselves on being component experts and possess comprehensive knowledge of commodities and suppliers across the globe. We value a high-energy, creative work environment and are committed not only to providing exceptional products and services, but also to our employees, our clients and the environment.
In addition to our role as a distinguished independent parts distributor, Rand operates a R2-certified electronic remarketing facility located in the Southeast United States. This facility allows us to proudly play our part in the reduction of e-waste worldwide and creates an end-to-end solution for our customers.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Rand Technology is seeking a highly-motivated, outgoing individual to join our team as an Inside Sales Manager. Our ideal candidate will be energized by a fast-paced work environment, excited by an ever-evolving market and share our unique values and vision. At Rand, team matters. We strive to cultivate a company culture that operates like a Fortune 500, but feels like a family. We prize building strong, real relationships and delivering innovative solutions over mere business transactions. We call ourselves “The Company That Cares”—for each other, for our customers and for the planet.
As an Inside Sales Manager at Rand, you will be an integral part of our team of supply chain, parts and customer experience experts. You will be instrumental in leading and developing the Americas sales team. We are growing exponentially and are looking for someone to recruit, train and manage new team members while overseeing our existing team of rock star account managers.
The Inside Sales Manager will act as both monitor and mentor, measuring team performance against set KPIs, while helping members achieve individual and regional goals by providing personalized, ongoing guidance for their continued professional development.
- Collaborate with sales team to execute on tactical sales goals and priorities
- Provide day-to-day support to sales team including skill development, performance management as well as systems, processes and industry training
- Monitor process, progress and results and report to VP of Sales regularly to adjust sales plan
- Enhance existing customer relationships both internally—by promoting superior service and operational excellence, and externally—through direct communication with customers
- Determine clients’ business requirements and leverage Rand’s services and sales team to offer solutions
SKILLS FOR SUCCESS
- Comprehensive knowledge of electronic components and peripherals
- Thorough understanding of technology customers and their supply chain
- 10 years of prior experience in a fast-paced inside sales/telemarketing environment
- 5 years of prior experience in the electronic components/computer parts industry
- 4-year degree in business or related field
- Strong Microsoft Office and CRM skills
- Strong execution skills
- Passion for mentoring and supporting others
- Base salary plus performance and results-based commissions and bonuses
- Company-paid health and time-off benefits, 401(k), paid vacation and holidays