Position Title: Electronics Procurement Specialist
Reports to: Director of Procurement
Status: Full-time, salary
Position Location: Irvine, CA
Rand Technology ( http://www.randtech.com/ ) is a 25-year-old independent electronics component distributor and supply chain solutions provider based in Irvine, California, with offices in seven countries around the world. The company’s products are sold business to business by Rand’s global sales team. Rand has a reputation for sourcing and distributing high quality, authentic components and adheres to an ISO 9000 compliant quality management system. Rand operates an R2 certified electronic remarketing facility giving the global sales team access to high quality components and products from quality OEMs. We are proud to play a part in life cycle management and reduction of e-waste worldwide.
Strategic Sourcing and procurement of electronic commodities and products, including:
- Requirement (req) sourcing, purchase order placement/management, order expediting, and discrepancy resolution
- Within 90 days, become adept at reviewing and sourcing from 30 to 100 reqs every day
- Identification and qualification of potential suppliers
- Relationship development and management of new and existing suppliers
- Electronic commodity market analysis/research, cost/price negotiation, and logistics
- Other duties, as required.
Direct working experience in the procurement of electronic components
- Experience sourcing memory/SSD commodities a significant plus
- Experience sourcing short and long term requirements in a fast paced changing environment
- A minimum of 5 years purchasing work experience required, supply chain experience within the electronic components industry
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office and ability to quickly learn company’s proprietary order/inventory management system.
Factors for Success
- Ask questions whenever there is a need for more information
- Set daily goals for transaction processing
- Conduct business at a fast-pace; respond quickly to sales team requirements
- Stay organized and prioritize activities to address urgent requirements within a short time-frame.
Position Title: Inside Sales Executive – Electronic Components
Status: Full-Time, Salary + Commission
Position Location: Irvine CA,
- Demonstrated success as a salesperson for an electronic components distributor or a closely related industry for a minimum of two years.
- You may be considered with demonstrated success as a buyer for an electronic component distributor for a minimum of two years.
Rand Technology has an opportunity available for an aggressive hunter energized by a fast‐paced environment to call on technology companies based in the Americas (Canada, US, Latin America). You will bring together suppliers and clients with critical needs related to supply shortages and excess inventories and collaborate with them to solve those problems. You will work with an intelligent and driven global team where each day is filled with opportunities to create value in business to business sales. A person successful in this position has fun, works hard, thinks fast and can earn an income well into six figures.
- Aggressively prospect for, develop and service client relationships and business opportunities
- Consistently make 50+ calls each day
- Clearly understand a client’s business requirements and work closely with the Regional Sales Manager to support those requirements and offer solutions
- Acquire and Sell electronic components across multiple business sectors
- Efficiently work with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, to analyze large parts lists with the purpose of valuing and formatting to promote the sale
- Follow Rand protocols for committing company resources and executing transactions
IDEAL CANDIDATES POSSESS
- At least 7 years of prior experience in a fast‐paced sales/telemarketing environment
- Accustomed to extremely fast sales cycles and very high number of transaction outputs
- At least 7 years of prior experience in the electronic components, computer parts and/or ITAD
- Highly driven, passionate for sales and extremely motivated by financial success
SKILLS FOR SUCCESS
- Highly motivated to deliver clients with the best service experience each and every time
- Aptitude to connect with clients, build and nurture relationships and close sales over the phone
- Self‐motivated with an exceptional work ethic
- Passionate about technology and staying on top of marketplace trends and events
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel; Highly internet savvy
- Base salary, plus the opportunity for commissions and bonuses well in excess of base
- Company‐paid health and time‐off benefits, 401k, paid vacation and holidays
For 26 years Rand Technology has been a leading global distributor of quality IT products, components and supply chain solutions. We value a high‐energy, creative work environment and are serious about our commitment to our employees, our clients, the environment, and providing the highest quality products and services. Rand also operates an R2 certified electronic remarketing facility giving the global sales team access to high quality components and products from quality OEMs. We are proud to play apart in lifecycle management and reduction of e‐waste worldwide.
Job Type: Full‐time
Position Title: Payroll Specialist
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt, Part-time
Position Location: Irvine, CA
For nearly 30 years, Rand Technology has been a leading global distributor of quality IT products, components and supply chain solutions. We value a high-energy, creative work environment and are serious about our commitment to our employees, our clients, the environment, and providing the highest quality products and services. Rand also operates an R2 certified electronic remarketing facility giving the global sales team access to high quality components and products from quality OEMs. We are proud to play a part in lifecycle management and reduction of e-waste worldwide.
Ensure that employee payroll processing complies with federal and state laws. Assist in payroll accounting, transactions, reporting, and other operations.
- Prepares and processes payroll and other financial documents.
- Reviews, calculates and processes payroll changes and adjustments.
- Review and reconciles payroll records for accuracy.
- Prepares and executes state and federal payroll taxes.
- Assists employees in payroll deductions and withholdings.
- Maintains accruals electronically.
- Provides information to employees and outside agencies regarding payroll issues.
- Calculates and processes all elected and mandatory payroll deductions including taxes, child support orders, insurances and garnishments.
- Reviews and maintains updated payroll procedures.
- Trains and oversees employees who perform entry of time and attendance functions.
- Assists Human Resources with payroll related questions and issues.
- Generates payroll and financial reports for various departments.
- Review payroll reports and timesheets for correctness before payroll transactions.
- Assist in tax calculations and filing activities as per IRS regulations.
- Respond to payroll queries from employees in a timely manner.
- Maintain payroll system up-to-date and accurate.
- Maintain employee payroll records and timesheet data for future references.
- Set-up payroll arrangements for new hires and terminate ex-employee profiles.
- Possess a minimum of 3 years of experience working as a payroll specialist with accuracy and efficiency.
- Demonstrated experience with payroll systems, databases and proprietary systems.
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/MENTAL FUNCTIONS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB
The successful candidate will need to be able to perform the following activity during the normal course of performing this position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time during the course of the shift.
- Bend, move, lift, carry and kneel
- Lift up to 10 lbs or more.
- Finger, wrist and hand dexterity with repetitive motion
- Cognitive function; think independently, solve formulas, solve problems, follow instructions and communicate effectively.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- We offer a competitive compensation package, dependent on experience.
- Company paid health benefits, time off benefits, paid vacation and holidays, and 401k plan.