Position Title: Electronics Procurement Specialist
Reports to: Director of Procurement
Status: Full-time, salary
Position Location: Irvine, CA
Rand Technology ( http://www.randtech.com/ ) is a 25-year-old independent electronics component distributor and supply chain solutions provider based in Irvine, California, with offices in seven countries around the world. The company’s products are sold business to business by Rand’s global sales team. Rand has a reputation for sourcing and distributing high quality, authentic components and adheres to an ISO 9000 compliant quality management system. Rand operates an R2 certified electronic remarketing facility giving the global sales team access to high quality components and products from quality OEMs. We are proud to play a part in life cycle management and reduction of e-waste worldwide.
Strategic Sourcing and procurement of electronic commodities and products, including:
- Requirement (req) sourcing, purchase order placement/management, order expediting, and discrepancy resolution
- Within 90 days, become adept at reviewing and sourcing from 30 to 100 reqs every day
- Identification and qualification of potential suppliers
- Relationship development and management of new and existing suppliers
- Electronic commodity market analysis/research, cost/price negotiation, and logistics
- Other duties, as required.
Direct working experience in the procurement of electronic components
- Experience sourcing memory/SSD commodities a significant plus
- Experience sourcing short and long term requirements in a fast paced changing environment
- A minimum of 5 years purchasing work experience required, supply chain experience within the electronic components industry
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office and ability to quickly learn company’s proprietary order/inventory management system.
Factors for Success
- Ask questions whenever there is a need for more information
- Set daily goals for transaction processing
- Conduct business at a fast-pace; respond quickly to sales team requirements
- Stay organized and prioritize activities to address urgent requirements within a short time-frame.
Position Title: Inside Sales Executive – Electronic Components
Status: Full-Time, Salary + Commission
Position Location: Irvine CA,
- Demonstrated success as a salesperson for an electronic components distributor or a closely related industry for a minimum of two years.
- You may be considered with demonstrated success as a buyer for an electronic component distributor for a minimum of two years.
Rand Technology has an opportunity available for an aggressive hunter energized by a fast‐paced environment to call on technology companies based in the Americas (Canada, US, Latin America). You will bring together suppliers and clients with critical needs related to supply shortages and excess inventories and collaborate with them to solve those problems. You will work with an intelligent and driven global team where each day is filled with opportunities to create value in business to business sales. A person successful in this position has fun, works hard, thinks fast and can earn an income well into six figures.
- Aggressively prospect for, develop and service client relationships and business opportunities
- Consistently make 50+ calls each day
- Clearly understand a client’s business requirements and work closely with the Regional Sales Manager to support those requirements and offer solutions
- Acquire and Sell electronic components across multiple business sectors
- Efficiently work with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, to analyze large parts lists with the purpose of valuing and formatting to promote the sale
- Follow Rand protocols for committing company resources and executing transactions
IDEAL CANDIDATES POSSESS
- At least 7 years of prior experience in a fast‐paced sales/telemarketing environment
- Accustomed to extremely fast sales cycles and very high number of transaction outputs
- At least 7 years of prior experience in the electronic components, computer parts and/or ITAD
- Highly driven, passionate for sales and extremely motivated by financial success
SKILLS FOR SUCCESS
- Highly motivated to deliver clients with the best service experience each and every time
- Aptitude to connect with clients, build and nurture relationships and close sales over the phone
- Self‐motivated with an exceptional work ethic
- Passionate about technology and staying on top of marketplace trends and events
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel; Highly internet savvy
- Base salary, plus the opportunity for commissions and bonuses well in excess of base
- Company‐paid health and time‐off benefits, 401k, paid vacation and holidays
For 26 years Rand Technology has been a leading global distributor of quality IT products, components and supply chain solutions. We value a high‐energy, creative work environment and are serious about our commitment to our employees, our clients, the environment, and providing the highest quality products and services. Rand also operates an R2 certified electronic remarketing facility giving the global sales team access to high quality components and products from quality OEMs. We are proud to play apart in lifecycle management and reduction of e‐waste worldwide.
Job Type: Full‐time
Position Title: Director of Human Resources
Reports to: CFO & COO
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Position Location: Irvine, CA
For 26 years Rand Technology has been a leading global distributor of quality IT products, components and supply chain solutions. We value a high-energy, creative work environment and are serious about our commitment to our employees, our clients, the environment, and providing the highest quality products and services. Rand also operates an R2 certified electronic remarketing facility giving the global sales team access to high quality components and products from quality OEMs. We are proud to play a part in lifecycle management and reduction of e-waste worldwide. Please visit us at www.randtech.com
Manage Human Resource and payroll functions for Irvine corporate headquarters and directly support compliance for other states, all staff, including international, track staffing levels, compensation plans, and performance to KPIs. Oversee payroll processing by local agents. The Director will collaborate with and support the senior management team in three primary areas of focus.
RESPONSIBILITIES ADMINISTRATION & PLANNING
- Manage compensation, benefits and workers compensation while remaining compliant
- Organize and control all activities related to personnel. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Implement and annually update the compensation program; write job descriptions as needed, conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary / budget); monitors the performance evaluation program and revise as necessary.
- Ability to prepare and/or review semi-monthly payroll for processing
- Develop, recommend and implement personnel P&P; prepare and maintain company handbook
- Perform benefit administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends management meetings
- Continued education and professional improvement: attend seminars and workshops
- Creates organizational charts and maintains employee directory
- Monitors career-path program and employee relations counseling; conducts exit interviews
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws
- Promote workplace education
- Special projects as assigned
RECRUITING & ONBOARDING
- Directly support senior management team with talent acquisition in sales and sourcing, marketing Rand to candidates, conducting full cycle recruiting from determining the need through successful onboarding.
- Lead recruiting efforts for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; writes and places advertisements; partners with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve culture and build team spirit globally
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES POSSESS
- Demonstrated experience communicating with a diverse audience
- Professional written communication skills – business-writing expertise
- Global and cultural awareness
- Possess a minimum of eight years’ demonstrated experience working in human resources or 12 years of experience in human resources.
- Possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a managerial role
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions
- Exercise a discerning approach when consulting senior management
- Pro-actively implement processes improvements
- Foster the feeling of global connection
- Professional demeanor and confidentiality in all personnel matters
- Intermediate level: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, online Payroll/HR portal
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Pass drug screen and background check
- Certifications and training in HR and/or payroll that support competency and compliance knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree
- Sit for long periods of time during the course of the shift
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- We offer a competitive compensation package, dependent on experience.
- Company paid health benefits, time off benefits, paid vacation and holidays, and 401k plan.