Global Logistics Manager
The Manager of Global Logistics is the internal subject matter expert on the movement of goods across the globe to/from internal sites, suppliers, and customers. S/He sets standards (policy, procedures, pricing, and governance) related to the movement of materials for the company. S/He also oversees warehouse operations in our Irvine, CA location, including a dynamic team of technicians and clerks.
- Full knowledge and application of Incoterms including publishing and socializing the differences and use across internal stakeholders (e.g. Sales).
- Expert knowledge of all aspects of shipping methods, costs, & documentation for DHL, FedEx, UPS and other parcel and LTL providers, import and export documentation, ECCN Controls, VAT, and customs compliance (working with a customs broker, as needed).
- Determine optimal routing, modes, service levels, and insurance requirements.
- Familiarity with laws and regulations related to: C-TPAT, import/export, bonds, hazardous shipments, and power of attorney.
- Document and maintain packing standards required for damage-free shipping and fulfillment.
- Maintain a safe work environment and in full compliance with ISO9001, ISO14000, AS6081, and other certifications as may be established over time.
- Maintain warehouse facility, equipment, and maintenance schedule.
- Maintain an ESD safe environment at all times.
- Manage and control global barcode label designs.
- Oversee team unpacking and inspecting of inbound materials to determine acceptance or rejection, and request for credits or returns (RMA requests to suppliers), as needed.
- Review customer requests for returns or credits (RMA requests by customers).
- Oversee treatment of non-conformances and related material review board (MRB).
- Ensure quantity and location inventory accuracy in our ERP system and oversee periodic and year-end physical inventory counts.
- Manage over-time while meeting month and quarter end demands for increased output.
- Oversee ordering of non-inventory supplies for Irvine, and other locations at times.
- Irvine building manager for maintenance repair and improvements.
- Global Training manager when warehouse processes are changed or introduced.
- Assist quality team in all onsite customer and ISO audits.
- Collaborate with regional teams on best practices and continuous improvement.
- Strong business acumen.
- Intermediate level: Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook and experience with ERP systems.
- Strong leadership, coaching, team building and people development skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to manage and delegate tasks in relation to quick-turnover projects.
Education and/or Experience and Physical Requirements:
- 5 years of experience with international shipping and receiving, including significant experience with parcel providers (including electronic components, preferred).
- Experience leading logistics across a global network of sites preferred.
- Knowledge of VAT regulations and related costs and how to optimize routing accordingly.
- 5 years of experience supervising and developing staff in a lab and/or warehouse environment.
- Experience with carriers and related programs (FedEx Ship Manager, UPS WorldShip and My DHL Express), managing RFQs / quotes, leading negotiations, and holding business reviews.
- Advanced Knowledge of HTS and Schedule B Codes for import/export.
- Advanced Knowledge of BIS for ECCN compliance & export licensing.
- The work environment includes remaining at a desk / workstation for long periods of time as well as bending, moving, lifting, carrying boxes, and/or kneeling at other times.
- The role requires collaboration with team members located around the world and may require calls and/or video meetings at unusual working hours (outside of local 8am-5pm).
- Lift requirements at times of up to 45 pounds individually and over 50 pounds with assistance, ensuring the safe movement of packages and equipment; identifying and using material handling equipment as required.
Test Technicians, Inspectors, and Shipping/Receiving Clerks.